Traveller’s Backpack mod 1.16.4/1.16.3/1.15.2/1.14.4/1.12.2 for minecraft is a Minecraft mod, which adds backpacks. All the backpacks come from JavierDarkona‘s Mod Adventure Backpack. Traveller’s Backpack is the unofficial port to 1.12.2 and at this moment brings the most important features to the game.
Why should you choose Traveller’s Backpack?
- Full inventory? No more! At a time where there’s a lot of mods and even more items, you’ll need functional and capable backpack. Since the traveller’s backpack can provide about 45 inventory slots and 2 fluid tanks, which each can store up to 4 buckets of fluid, this backpack becomes a really good option to consider.
- Chestplate or backpack? Why not both? Traveller’s backpack doesn’t need any empty armor slot (or other slot) to be worn. But It doesn’t mean you can wear infinite number of backpacks at the same time.
- The best gear for adventures! What are the most important things you take with you, when you’re going on an adventure? I guess it’s a crafting table, bed and furnace. Now you have to take only furnace, because traveller’s backpack can provide rest of the things! You are able to use crafting matrix inside of backpack’s inventory or pull out the sleeping bag in any time you want!
Traveller’s backpack inventory can be split into segments, which have other functions. I’ll try to explain you what each element of inventory does.
Here you can see the inventory:
- Blue slots stand for base backpack inventory, where you can store your items.
- Green slots accept only tools and provide special inventory action – Tool cycle (?)
- Brown slots are mostly crafting matrix and one of them is crafting result slot. These slots don’t save items, just like crafting table.
- Bucket slots accept all the fluid containers. If a tank is suitable for fluid, container will move into the slot under and tank will get filled.
- Slots under bucket slots are just outputs of bucket slots. You can’t put there any items. Anyway, contents of these slots save when inventory is being closed.
You’ve probably noticed, that in gui is one more element, which I didn’t explained before. There are 3 types of buttons. Each of them appears in proper conditions.
- Cycle tool You can perform this action if you’re holding a tool, wearing a backpack and tool slots aren’t empty in backpack’s inventory. At first click shift, then scroll up or down. It will replace your current tool with one from tool slot. Such a useful trick!
- Open inventory If you wear a backpack, click B to open inventory. (Configurable in controls)
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder /.minecraft/mods
- Launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
WARNING for version 1.12.2!
This version has got changed MOD ID, so if you use it on world where was previously used 1.0.27, you will lost your backpacks and items in them. This version do not change anything, only MOD ID, so if you want you can keep playing on 1.0.27, but all future updates will have changed mod id too.
If you start new world download this version.
If you want to update now, even on old world, remove all items from backpack before updating the mod. Unfortunately you’ll have to craft backpack from scratch.
Download Links for Traveller’s Backpack mod 1.12.2/1.15.2/1.16.3/1.16.4:
TravellersBackpack-1.12.2-1.0.35.jar (271.51 KB – Supported Minecraft 1.12.2 Versions)
TravelersBackpack-1.14.4-3.0.7.jar (176.13 KB – Supported Minecraft 1.14.4 Versions)
TravelersBackpack-1.15.2-4.0.6.jar (181.75 KB – Supported Minecraft 1.15.2 Versions)
TravelersBackpack-1.16.3-5.2.1.jar (183.18 KB – Supported Minecraft 1.16.3 Versions)
TravelersBackpack-1.16.4-5.3.8.jar (216.91 KB – Supported Minecraft 1.16.4 Versions)
(Update last Released File on January 18, 2021)