Minecraft mystcraft mod 1.12.2 is a recreation of the lore of the Myst series in Minecraft. It allows for the writing of and travel to new dimensions, called Ages. Use of Descriptive Books and traveling inside or between the ages and the vanilla dimensions with Linking Books. The properties of the newly created ages are defined by the symbols on the pages used in the process of crafting the descriptive book.
Once you have linking books to get home, you can begin to consider going to new worlds. A random world can be made by putting a linking panel and leather into a Book Binder. Additional pages can be added if you want to influence the resultant world, but are not needed.
For safety, you want your inventory to contain at least the following:
- Three return linking books home. Two in the hotbar, one in inventory.
- Two bookstands or lecterns, in hotbar.
- A chest, in hot bar.
- Lighting sources — torches, glowstone, etc., in hotbar.
- Recommended: A potion of night vision. Just in case you find yourself in complete darkness with no light or view of sky. These worlds are called Cave Worlds, and look like the nether — but without the natural background lighting, and usually without any glowstone.
On arrival, plan to plop down some lighting, a bookstand/lectern, one of the books from your hotbar, then move a short distance, and place a chest, the spare linkbook from your inventory, and spare bookstand/lectern in that chest.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installedMinecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type%appdata%and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Download Links for Minecraft mystcraft mod 1.12.2:
mystcraft-1.12.2-0.13.7.06.jar (2.29 MB – Update last Released File on May 17, 2019)