Magiculture 2 modpack 1.12.2 for minecraftis a modpack that has seen a lot of different incarnations. It started as private 1.7.10 pack. I made for some friends, and since then we’ve been through 5 different versions (but we’re just gonna call this one “2”). This version is a 1.12.2 pack, made to showcase some of the different magic and exploration mods that exist for this version.
IMPORTANT:To update the quest book for an existing world, you must run the command “/bq_admin default load“. This can be done manually or via the quest book quest “Updating the Pack”
– Better Questing, Compat Skills, Magical Map, Nether Gold Ore, Wither Skeleton Tweaks, Rough Mobs 2, Ceramics, Fast Workbench, Crayfish Furniture, Akashic Tome
– Better Mobgriefing Gamerule, Tips, CraftPresence, Fast Furnace
– Discord Suite
What’s New in Magiculture 2 mod:
– An intro quest for Electrobob’s Wizardry was added
– An intro quest for Thaumcraft was added
– The quest Monster Hunter is now a hidden quest
– Adjusted the rewards of certain quests
– Thaumcraft aspects were added for some items
– Geolosys large ore vein sizes have been increased
– Cooking for Blockheads cooking table, cooking book are now much much easier to craft
– Slop can now be crafted in a clay bucket and can be crafted using soymilk
– Wizard armor and scrolls of identify can be found in dungeon loot
– Loot chests now sometimes give spell books, wands, wizard armor, and other electrobob’s wizardry items
– Better loot chests = better spell tiers
– Dwellers, Ashen, Cave Spiders now spawn naturally in the beneath
– Skeletons, Zombies will no longer hold armor enchanted with thorns
– Endermen which spawn in the Beneath have a small chance of being instantly hostile
– Mobs in the Beneath should now give double experience
– Iron Golems now have a chance to spawn in villages- Villagers will now respawn if a village is wiped out
– Some villager trades have been adjusted
– Evil wizards, vexes will now properly drop coins
– Examples of what IS allowed: zombies busting down doors on Hard difficulty, sheep eating grass, endermen picking up blocks
– Tips are now displayed on the loading screen
– New discord rich presence mod is less buggy and more powerful
Here are some of the defining features of this pack:
- Lots to explore – Roguelike dungeons and reccomplex add exploration features, all with custom treasure and mob spawns.
- Loose progression – Grow your character in a number of different ways. Gain skills (via skillable mod), allowing you to unlock use of different items as you gain experience and grow your character in different directions. Begin with 5 hearts and acquire more through exploration, questing, or trading.
- Questing guide – Better questing guide (WIP) designed to introduce you to different mods in the pack.
- Better trading – Villager trades have been overhauled to feel more fair and provide a wider variety of modded items. Buying/selling at a village should feel like a viable way to gain items and experience. You can use coins collected from fighting mobs to buy things too!
- Higher difficulty – Tough as nails, rough mobs, and nutrients have been fine-tuned to add elements of difficulty and challenge to the game without feeling overbearing.
- Different ways to play – Want to live on a farm, feeding animals and gathering crops to take to the market and sell for emeralds each week? You can gain experience that way. Want to be a dungeoneer, travelling and exploring the land, slaying monsters with your sword skills? You can gain experience that way too. Want to be a sorcerer, or a druid, or an engineer?
Expect changes and the pack being fleshed-out more in the coming weeks. Like seriously, even the name and the 2+ year old pack image will probably be changed.
Current Modlist (WIP)
Installing a Magiculture 2 Modpack from Twitch App
Looking for a modpack onTwitch App?Just released a modpack and want to make sure it’s showing up in the app? No problem, that’s easy! First up, navigate to the Minecraft Tab in Twitch App. From here, click “Browse All Modpacks“, The modpack you are looking for, provided you have the correct name, should be sorted to the top.
Download Links for Magiculture 2 modpack 1.12.2:
Magiculture 2-0.5.0.1.zip(3.07 MB)