This mod changed standard world generation into a hex based tiles, similar to a board game. Each hex will contain one biome, and hexes with the same biome will connect together. Config options allow for adjustments of hex size, terrain height, changing block that outlines hexes, and more. Hex worlds are created by selecting “World Type: Hex Lands” when creating a new world. Other than changing height and shape of biome, other feature should generate normally (villages, caves, ravines, lakes, etc). This mod should also work with extra mod biomes like Traverse and Defiled Lands.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.