Craftologia modpack 1.12.2 for minecraft is a tech-based modpack that tries to offer you a more realistic and challenging concept of crafting and world mechanics, with a carefully selected list of mods that combine very well each other, they are also deeply related through custom recipe scripts. The pack is also meant for people who love building, decoration and exploration.
- 154 mods
- Over 1900 recipe changes (with CraftTweaker).
- 43 new custom items and 5 new custom blocks mostly created (with ContentTweaker) to cover the lack of ingredients of some recipes.
- Biome and dimension based oregen with larger but less common ore veins.
- 1 hour day-cycle and 28 days per season, which affects crop fertility.
- Oredict script that tries to standarize and reduce to one item per part most of the redundant metals/materials added by mods whenever its possible. This script took me quite some time, and, even though its not perfect, its much better than nothing.
- Questbook (WIP), which includes 72 quests and 10 challenges so far.
- Guidebook that offers you some commentary about the modpack, tips and changes that you may need to know at some point during your adventure.
- 76 chemical elements of the Periodic Table are present in this modpack, all rows except the seventh one are mostly covered, if you like chemistry and physics this is your modpack.
-FoamFix, which does lower the amount of RAM required to run this modded minecraft. You can keep using Optifine without problems
-Bookshelf and DarkUtils
*Removes two .zs files of mods that are not still on the modpack (otherwise the whole pack script would break)
-Fixed all duplicated recipes for TE machines/blocks with (versions) due to nbt tag not recognized
-Removed furnace recipes for Platinum Ingot
-Added missing nutrients to new BWM foods
*IMPORTANT: IE Arc Furnace recipes of metals with higher melting point than 1800°C have been removed, TR Blast Furnace must be used instead.
The following ones are removed: Boron, Molybdenum, Osmium, Tungsten, Vanadium. Chromium (1907 °C) not removed otherwise it would break many recipes and make things a lot more complicated.
-New HeatProof Dust item
-Improved recipe for HeatProof Brick
-Improved recipe for Lab Blender and Industrial Blast Furnace
-Changed recipe for Engineer’s Manual, Water Wheel, Windmill and Barometer
-Pulsating and Vibrant Crystals now crafted in Ender Crafter, ensuring Hoanna is visited
-Pulsating Iron and Vibrant Alloy Ingots recipes reworked.
-Display Stand recipe reworked to avoid broken recipe loop with Atomic Reconstructor
-Reworked AA Iron Casing and Casing recipes so they make more sense now according to their names
-Improved recipe for Compression Dynamo
-Added Chemical Reactor recipe for Calcium Silicate, which didn’t have one by default
-Quicklime now obtained from normal Limestone instead of ore:stoneLimestonePolished
-Removed recipe for Sink
-6 new quests
-2 new challenges
System requeriments and Java
At least 6GB of unallocated RAM.
Java 8 (latest version),
My jvm args: -Xmx6G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn512M
Note #2:I recommend you to use Optifine in case your PC does not to run the Modpack smoothly (+120fps), im using it since i started creating this modpack, so you will have no issues or conflicts.
Is this just a grindy “expert” modpack?
Recipes have been changed not for the sake of requiring more materials so it will take more time to progress through this modpack, the idea is that in order to create something complex you first need to acquire the know-how and ability to produce/obtain the simpler parts it consists of. Futhermore, in some cases crafting recipes require you less materials than default.
The exception to this is Dimension Builder from RFTools, which is the hardest and the last recipe of this modpack for obvious reasons.
Can we play this modpack on a server?
The modpack has been 100% designed, created and tested on SP, you may notice some MP mods are missing, however i don’t think there would be any problems if u play this on a server, also in MP people would take more advantage of the modpack oregen.